St Patrick’s Day is not far off, so we figured we would suggest three Irish inspired cocktails to help you celebrate in style.
1. The Emerald Isle:
This minty gin cocktail, with its green hue is perfect for St. Patrick’s day.
- 1 oz gin
- 1 tsp green crème de menthe
- 2 dashes of bitters
- 1 mint leaf or maraschino cherry
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, strain into chilled martini glass, garnish with mint leaf or cherry, and serve.
2. Irish Coffee:
This classic after-dinner cocktail consists of sweetening hot coffee with brown sugar, throwing in a measure of Irish Whiskey.
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey (1 1/2 ounces or 3 tablespoons)
- Heavy cream, slightly whipped
Fill footed mug or a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty. Pour piping hot coffee into warmed glass until it is about3/4 full. Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Blend in Irish whiskey. Top with a collar of the whipped heavy cream by pouring gently over back of spoon. Serve hot.
3. Dublin Apple Martini
This is an Irish take on the apple martini using Irish whiskey and Moscato wine.
- 2 ounces Barefoot Moscato Wine
- 1 ounce Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 ounce Mott’s Apple Juice
- 1/4 ounce Honey
- Apple slice or cinnamon stick for garnish