Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
Our favorite winter go-to appetizer
These bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates are one of my go-to appetizers when having a small get together. I have yet to find a guest that didn’t love these savory and slightly sweet bites. The best part is that they are super easy to put together and almost always gets oohs and awes when I set them out. They also go fast, so make a few more than you think you need!
Here’s the recipe…enjoy! XOXO
- 24 Dried Dates (I like Medjool)
- 12 slices of thin bacon (I prefer hickory smoked)
- About 6 ounces of goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make a lengthwise cut in each date and remove the pit.
- Using a spoon stuff each date with a little goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each date with bacon, making sure to keep the seam side of the bacon on the bottom.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined raised edge baking sheet, again, making sure to keep the seam side of the bacon on the bottom. Bake for 18-20 minutes, the bacon should be just cooked through, don’t let it get too done. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Place a toothpick in each date and transfer to serving tray.