I have to admit, Halloween is one of my favorite holiday’s of the year. I love decorating, celebrating and I love to serve a fun Halloween cocktail, just in case we find any adult trick or treaters at our door. So today I compiled a few ghoulish Halloween cocktail ideas that are sure to liven up your Halloween.
So here you go… six haunting cocktail recipes that will surely please everyone.
Green Goblin’s Brew
- 1-1/2 oz. MIDORI or other melon liquor
- Top with milk
- Pour over ice in a chilled, Blood Garnished (recipe below) glass.
Add 1/4 cup grenadine syrup to a small pot on medium to low heat.
Slowly add in 1/3 cup sugar bit by bit stirring constantly until all is dissolved. Stir in two pinches of corn starch and bring to a boil. Let mixture boil for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off burners and while hot use the back of a spoon to drip sugar mixture on the inside edges of a small glass.
Keep glasses in fridge until ready to serve.
- Colored red sugar for rim
- 4 oz. Cranberry juice
- 2 oz. Black vodka
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
Rim glass with red sugar and fill completely with ice cubes. Add the cranberry juice, then carefully add the black vodka over the cranberry juice by slowly pouring over a spoon. This will minimize any splashing & allow the multi-colored layers to form.
Black Widow Martini
- 2 oz. black vodka
- 1/2 oz. Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 oz. blackberry or grape juice
- Black licorice and sugar for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake well and strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with black licorice and add a plastic black spider, ghost or olive for garnish.
- 2 oz. fresh orange juice
- 2 oz. of chilled sparkling water
- 2 oz. of maraschino liqueur
- 1 oz. of Limoncello
- Black licorice
In a shaker, combine the orange juice, liqueur, Limoncello with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into sugar rimmed, chilled martini glasses to 2/3 full. Top with sparkling water to add fizz. Garnish with candy pumpkin or black licorice.
- 3/4 oz. MIDORI
- 2 oz. SKYY Citrus
- Splash of white cranberry Juice
- Shake and strain all ingredients into a chilled glass.
For an extra creepy presentation, drop a small bit of dry ice into the bottom of the glass. Keep in mind, dry ice can be dangerous. Use with caution.
Blood-thirsty Mary Shooters
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 3 Tbs freshly grated or drained prepared horseradish, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Cup vodka
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Celery stalks, for garnish
- Scallions, dark-green parts only, for garnish
In a pitcher, stir together tomato juice, horseradish, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and hot sauce to taste and chill for two hours.
Pour into chilled shot glasses. Garnish with horseradish, celery, and scallions, as desired.