Party Attire Requires Special Care
Enjoy the party, but with the festivities spills, splashes, and other party-time mishaps, as well as wear alone, can take their toll on expensive party attire.
Many formal wear garments are made of luxurious fabrics, such as taffeta, moire, satin, organza, metallic prints, silk, and velvet. Each of these fabrics require care in both wear and cleaning.
Here are some tips to keep your party attire looking great:
• Treat stains immediately to avoid damage.
• Blot stains; do not rub. Rubbing a spot on sheer fabrics, such as organza, can cause the yarns to slip, tear the fabric, or chafe the fabric surface.
• Shake excess spills from velvets and allow to dry. Do not blot or apply any pressure in damp areas.
• Satin (especially smooth satin), taffeta, and metallic fabrics are especially susceptible to abrasion damage and snagging. Take care when wearing jewelry or around rough edges.
• Perfume, deodorant, hair spray, and makeup can be damaging to these fabrics. Apply before you dress and make sure everything is completely dry.
• After the party, remember to have your formal wear cleaned before storage, unseen stains can appear with time and may become difficult to remove. Because of the delicate nature of most party attire, it is best to leave the cleaning to a professional like Fashion Cleaners.
Party attire and formal wear should be chosen carefully. Here’s a list of our favorite places to find the very best party attire and formal wear.
She • la
Four Sisters Boutique
The Clothier’s Daughters